Thursday, December 29, 2011

Welcome to my blog

If you're reading this you're probably wondering who I am and what this blog is about. I'm a 46 year old working wife and mother who isn't in a good place financially or physically. My husband has his own business that has been hit really hard by the economy and we've been struggling financially for the past 3 years, even though I have a good job. Before 2008 we were living "high on the hog" and didn't really worry about paying our bills. Three years later - our house has gone into foreclosure, and we've had our utilities turned off more than one time. I worked with the bank and managed to secure another mortgage which 'saved' our house. A house that we can't afford to live in anymore. Each month it is a struggle to pay the mortgage and put food on the table. This year we couldn't afford to buy our kids Christmas presents. That hit me really hard and made me feel like a terrible parent. I know that its shallow of me to say that gifts equal love, because they really don't. However, I really do enjoy spoiling my kids. That’s enough about my pathetic financial issues....I'm also FAT (yes I said the F word....fat). I'm fairly tall 5'8 and am tipping the scales at 222 pounds. OMG I'm a heifer!! Before I had my kids I weighed about 145 pounds. With each pregnancy I gained 20 pounds (2 kids x 20 pounds each = 185) and over the past 3 years I've gained almost another 40 pounds.

I've decided to do something about my financial and physical 'issues' (I really hate the word issues) in 2012. This blog will document my changes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment