Thursday, June 7, 2012

still 193.6

I'm kind of frustrated with this plateau! I have to just stick with it. I know that the scale will move (down not up thank you very much) again.

I joined a gym last week. I've been a couple times already. Yoga, loved it. Second time I ran on the treadmill. I used to love running when I was young. Last year I broke my foot and ankle, perhaps because I was hauling around an extra 70 pounds of lard?! Because of that I'm scared to run out on the street. What if the road isn't flat and I hurt myself again. I think for now the treadmill is good. I can run and walk as much as I want without the fear.

Earlier this week I was traveling for work and was stuck in the airport. I went to buy a bottle of water and stupidly bought two bars of Godiva white chocolate along with the water. Mental lapse, PMS, psychotic moment - or D all of the above.

I shoveled in 480 calories and fifty bazillion grams of fat in about 30 seconds flat. I sat in the airport afterwards mentally beating myself up for not planning ahead and bringing healthy snacks with me. When I got on the plane I decided then and there to let go of the guilt and just move past my 'episode'. In the past a lapse like this would have thrown me off track and I would have turned back into my bad eating habits. I feel like this was a mental breakthrough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment