Wednesday, March 14, 2012

203.6

Yay the scale is moving in the right direction again. Yesterday I was up at 4am in order to be at the airport at 6am, so that I could fly to northern California for a client meeting. I usually eat several bags of honey roasted peanuts on the flight home. This time I though ahead and brought with a small bag of raisins and a 90 calorie granola bar for the flight home.

I had a really healthy client lunch, partly because I made healthy choices and partly because the service was dreadful. I started off with tortilla soup, my soup came with no tortillas (which was great because I wasn't going to eat them). The woman sitting next to me had a double portion of tortillas. Funny thing is was trying to be polite and didn't know what to do with all of them. Then I ordered a tuna steak that was supposed to come with a salad and a fries. I wasn't going to eat the fries. My plate arrived with one lettuce leaf and four tomato slices (um, hello was that my "salad"?) and no fries. I ate the fish and my salad and never said a word about the fries. The worst part of the service was when the table desserts didn't arrive. Someone ordered two hot fudge sundaes to be shared. I had already prepared my excuse for not eating any of it. They are covered with walnuts and I'm allergic to tree nuts. I've been allergic since I was a kid and for the most part have managed to stay away from nuts. Now days I'm using my allergy to not eat cookies and cakes when I'm in social settings. If you tell people "I'm watching what I eat" they will keep pushing the cookie/cake on you. If you tell them "I'm allergic" then they apologize. Ironic isn't it.

203.6   :)
I'm starting to feel like I might hit 200 by April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment